Thursday 16 July 2009

love is...


I don't know what these images are about. I'm still feeling tired after last weekend and haven't had any useful thoughts for days.

We have decided to go to the auction on Saturday to see if this clock will be affordable. I also saw some pretty enamel pill boxes (here, here and here) with an estimate of £50-100 each, but I think a few people might like them and bump the price into the upper reaches of the estimate. Anyway, what should a girl put in a pill box? Pills? Hardly. Maybe when I'm old and decrepit and need a cocktail of drugs to stop my brain from exploding and killing everyone in the vicinity... However, I did see some beautiful lip balm-filled tins on some blog a while back. Let me see if I can find them...




Ah ha! Here they are - Andrea Garland's cosmetics. Lip balm and rose beauty balm in vintage compacts.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE THIS ONE! The moon in it is awesome. And it fulfills all female fantasies of having a man write a song for them (although it helps if said man does not sing high pitched german).

    My aunt collects little eccentric boxes-she puts them on her dressing table (I think they contain jewellery). My aunt and uncle have the most beautiful house-the garden seems to come inside and everywhere there are things they have collected on their travels. They are also tidy. Even my mum is tidy and has a nice house these days. There must be one relative I can blame my messiness on...

    ReplyDelete