Thursday 6 August 2009

messing around

So it looks like I finally might be getting the go-ahead for this animation job that I've been waiting on nearly all summer. Fingers crossed. And the other new and exciting animation job I mentioned the other day may yet be mine - still waiting to hear. I've got my fingers twisted round themselves until the tendons creak!

I feel like I've been wasting a lot of time this summer - I find it very hard to focus on one thing. I have started but not finished the new site for Alternative Eagle design studio, I am designing mailouts to send to clients but am procrastinating about the format that these will take. At the moment I'm thinking of just sending a jointed paper puppet, printed on the back with my details. I wonder if that's going to be too brief or too gimmicky. But I am quite gimmicky and silly so maybe it would be suitably frivolous of me to send a toy. I'm not sure if it's good enough yet, though. I keep going round in circles punishing myself.

But anyhoo I've been messing around in my sketchbook trying out a few things. I've been enjoying playing with watercolours again, only they pucker up my pages so much that scanning is a proper pain in the arse. Here are some of the weird and pointless things I came up with yesterday:


No comments:

Post a Comment