Wednesday 10 February 2010

Gift dilemmas

We are going to a wedding in a couple of weeks' time and it's time to think about wonderful things like gifts (Helen or Dave, if you're reading, look away NOW!) and hats and dresses. My gift to the happy couple was to design and print their wedding stationery, but I would of course still like to get them something quirky and sweet for their wedding. They don't have a list, so I've just started looking around for something suitable. I've never seen their home so I don't know what their taste in decor is - so shall I just impose my own design tastes on them? Probably :-) It's a dangerous game to play, not having a list. We did the same for our wedding and ended up with 24 crystal glasses and some leopard-print side-plates. I know. I nearly wept.

So what to do? I am a big fan of buying only useful or edible gifts. I could compile a great food hamper (I did this for the husband at Christmas) but I don't know what they will or won't eat. Or maybe I'll just get something for the kitchen.


I wanted one of these for my wedding but no-one took the hint - I'd have the yellow butter dish from Yoyo Ceramics. Even if they don't eat butter it can be a nice little container for something.


If I dare go vintage, how about this cute little Cornishware-style jug from The Oxford Tea Party? I am a firm believer that one can never have too many jugs, bowls, plates, chairs, butter dishes and anything blue-and-white.


Speaking of which, how about these little bowls, also from The Oxford Tea Party? This might be a bit much. Blue and white is a love or hate kind of thing and therefore a bit risky.

Anyhoo, that's as far as I've got. Still, there's time left for shopping. Right now I need to do some proper work!

No comments:

Post a Comment