Tuesday 14 September 2010

themes for drawing

I'm thinking today that I need to set myself some targets, you know, kinda plan my days better. I'm not really working at the moment (I like to call it 'between jobs' so that I don't start panicking about my next paycheque!) so I have a lot of free time. I did next to nothing yesterday apart from cleaning those damn boxes (one of them STINKS like rotten egg/dog piss/dead chicken - yeurch!) and going for a boring meeting in town. Today I have been to the supermarket. Yeah. It's not great.

So I was thinking maybe I should start some series of drawings for the blog, based on a theme or an idea, and maybe do them in blocks of ten or something. Shame I can't think of any ideas right now, I'm so uninspired :-/

I've also slipped back into lazy lazy pencil drawings. I need a bit more colour in my life!

So I'm going to go away and think of a theme, draw something and then I'll be back to post it up here. Any suggestions welcome!

2 comments:

  1. why not draw a series of sketches based on the "mundanity/difficulty of adult life".

    e.g. going to Ikea and putting together furniture, making a meal out of the dregs left in the fridge.

    A friend of mine pointed me to this awesome blog (hyperbole and a half). It pretty much describes my life. The sketches aren't your style (although their silly crapness matches the humour), but I like the fact it studies everyday life.

    This weekend I suddenly realised what people with houses do. I spent 2 entire days and so far have only managed to sort out my clothes and wardrobe. Housework is HARD

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that's exactly what I was thinking of (whilst vacuuming and doing laundry) just before I sat down to read my e-mails! You must be psychic, or maybe we are just both really bad at being adults :-)

    I saw the link you posted up on Facebook to that blog the other day and spent an indecently long time reading it. It's really funny! And SO right about most things.

    I know what you mean about the house thing. Our place is slowly coming together now, but it's been hard work. The place was filthy and it's still full of woodlice. Hope your move isn't too terrible!

    OK, you've convinced me. I'll do a series of drawings about how hard it is being an adult!
    x

    ReplyDelete